BERYLCO Beryllium Copper Products
Berylco alloys are preferred in critical applications ranging from miniature electronic connectors to aircraft bushings to oil field drill tooling applications, as well as plastic and die cast mold tooling and non-sparking hands tools. The cornerstone of our business and the products we produce is "RELIABILITY".
Berylco products are engineered to:
- Offer the best combination of strength, ductility and conductivity
- Sustain performance at higher temperatures
- Excel in platability and solderability
- Reduce wear
- Increase part life cycling
- Meet severe fabrication operations to the most exacting specifications
- Meet higher performance standards demanded by today's technologies
|Strip||Std thickness range: .002 - .090 in.
Std width range: .100 - 8.50 in.
|Additional thickness and width capabilities may be available upon request.|
|Round Rod||1/16 - 8 in. diameter||Cold drawn (H) up to 2 1/2 in. diameter only.|
|Hexagon Rod||1/2 - 1 1/2 in.|
|Rectangular Bar||1/4 x 1/2 in.
1 1/2 x 3 in.
|Tube||O.D. 2.0 - 8.0 in. with 1/2 in. min. wall thickness|
|Plate||0.75 - 8.0 in. thickness,
+0.030 -0.000 in. tolerance
|The oversize for each thickness is an accommodation over the nominal size to minimize scrap loss in machining. Other thickness can be made available as required. Widths up to 24 inches can be provided and are available in lengths as required based on thickness.|
|Metric sizes are also available in the above forms. Additional size capabilities are available.|
Characteristics of Berylco Alloys
High Strength, Moderate Conductivity System
- BERYLCO 25 alloy, UNS C17200, can attain mechanical properties up to 200 ksi UTS and hardness of Rockwell C45.
- BERYLCO 33-25, UNS C17300, is the free machining version with the same characteristics as BERYLCO 25.
- At a moderate conductivity of 22%, these alloys offer the best wear resistance, fatigue strength, and hardness available in the copper alloy system.
High Conductivity, Moderate Strength
- BERYLCO 10 and 14, UNS C17500 and C17510, can attain conductivity over 45% IACS and strengths up to 140 ksi UTS.
- These alloys are ideally suited for heat dissipating modules, resistance welding components, and other electrical applications.
- Beryllium copper can be machined into intricate shapes.
- Its machinability in the age hardened condition is comparable to many other copper base alloys, and better than stainless steels.
- Its dimensional stability is far superior to any other copper base alloy.
Abrasive Wear Resistance
- Beryllium copper offers attractive wear resistant properties compared to other copper base alloys and many ferrous alloys because of its complex oxide transfer wear films.
- The high strength of age hardened parts makes them capable of sustaining bearing loads far in excess of other copper base alloys and gives the added advantage of compatibility with high hardness ferrous alloy shafts.
- Nearly equal to nickel silver and is not susceptible to hydrogen embrittlement.
High Fatigue Strength
- Beryllium copper is known to have high fatigue strength because of its toughness and resistance to local deformation.
- Extremely useful for housing sensitive detectors affected by magnetic fields.