BERYLCO® Engineered Cast Products
- About Products
- Casting & Ingot
Fully Integrated Services From Pattern to Product
- The first beryllium alloy foundry in the world to attain ISO/9002 certification.
- Capabilities include
- Custom castings.
- Resin bonded and no-bake cores.
- Custom alloy formulated ingots ranging from 5 ounces to 15 pounds.
- Complete thermal-treating.
- Full mechanical and physical testing
- Machining and polishing
- All operations carry a certified final inspection.
The Special Advantages of Beryllium Copper in Castings
- Beryllium copper can be melted and cast using conventional equipment.
- Almost unbelievably fine, delicate castings are possible only with beryllium copper because of one property – FLUIDITY. Low surface tension and viscosity permit replication of intricate textures.
- The high strength of beryllium copper is unsurpassed by any other copper alloy.
- Beryllium copper castings can be easily machined.
- In molds for producing plastic parts, beryllium copper’s thermal conductivity allows decreased dwell time and as much as 35% increased productivity.
Thermal Shock and Fatigue Resistance
- Beryllium copper resists thermal shock and fatigue where extreme, rapid heating and cooling cycles occur resulting in less maintenance and longer tool life.
- Beryllium copper castings are much better than other copper alloys in corrosive environments. Applications requiring extended exposure to salt water are common.
- Fabrication may be accomplished by conventional machining, CNC machining, E.D.M., soldering, or brazing.
- Conventional coatings, such as nickel, chrome, copper and gold are easily applied.